Monday, November 12, 2007

124 sounds fucking great to me

It has been a red letter day, y'all.

Conferences were a breeze, and it was kind of nice to have a morning without children. I kind of missed them when I got back to the classroom. There are no real "issues" with any of the kids, so it's fun to sit around with their parents and talk about how great they are.

My most recent long-term old roommate stopped by to get some mail that had come for him. He hung out for popcorms and comics. When he left, I was richer by one mixed cd, 1 aisan pear and 2 persimmons. A bunch of my favorite fruits.....mmm....

Sophie's mama showed up and announced that it was a night for Teh Diner. And all the Meads were there. Yes, Hard Girl, all the Meads. You'd be amazed at the size of those girls. Amazed. And my cheeseburger? Kicked some cheeseburger ass. It is amazing how much more I can eat when I'm not drinking a beer with dinner. Go figure.

Also, Sophie ate three ice cream cones and popcorn and cheese sticks after ArtQuest today. Lord.

I'm a boring blogger these days. But aren't you excited about my asian pear?

3 comments:

gold star said...

I'm excited about the pear. I wish someone would bring me an asian pear and 2 persimmons.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm very excited about the asian pear. I love an asian pear.

Glad your conferences went so well!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the Meads. And Teh Diner. Happy memories of baby mead at Teh Jazz Bar while papa mead fiddled. And, on a separate occasion, a hangover breakfast at Teh Diner, in which I couldn't bring myself to do the raw egg in tomato juice and beer cure.