Thursday, December 20, 2007

oo! oo! me! pick me!

I got tagged for a meme! By Gold Star! We both have "star" in our fake names! Oh, boy!


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
egg nog - from my aunt Jesse's recipe

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
both ways, Santa goes both ways

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
white on the tree, none on the house this year because I'm slack

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
when I can get it - last year's is still up

5. When do you put your decorations up?
whenever Sophie is willing to decorate and after the cho-boys bring me my tree

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Commonwealth Special

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child.
ummmm...... all of them? Except the one when I was 5 and puking.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
from my ever-truthful mama; this is a total lie, she'd still be playing along if she could - really I learned the truth about Santa from a Laura Ingalls Wilder book

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?
when I was a kid, we'd do one and only one on Christmas Eve, but now I open all my teacher gifts then

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
with a lot of commentary from Sophie

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
love, love, love

12. Can you ice skate?
nope

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
nope

14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
time off from work! Woo and Hoo! (And my friends, and my families.) And time off from work!

15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert?
popcorms! And hot toddies! And eggnog!

16. What is your favorite Holiday tradition?
folks coming to visit and having popcorms and hot toddies and egg nog with me, and making fun of Jesus, and looking at lights with Sophie, and having more folks over for Commonwealth Special Christmas Morning

17. What tops your tree?
a dove - peace, yo

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
what was the question?

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Shotgun Shells on a Christmas Tree, plus anything sung at the the Annual Country Christmas by LB

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yum!


Yay! Memes! I tag.....ummmm..... Chicory and cho-girl, and Cali.

So, for reals, I got a virtual copy of this meme from Sophie, my pretend child, by way of email just a few days ago. It was full of "r" instead of "are" and shit like that. Ah, pre-adolescence.....
'Kay, y'all. My computer is not playing nice with the internets here in Seattle, although all other things are good, so I'll post as I can.

Merry Everything, y'all

No comments: