Monday, March 3, 2008

woe.

My hard drive crashed on Saturday night, at the tail end of a lovely chicken dinner with a friend from here and the lovely lesbians from DC, R and J, with whom I went to Boston for T-day (remember?).

I have been without Teh Internets for days. Days, I tell you. And I missed y'all. Lord. All you IVP kids - I was lost without you. No machine equals no contact, except maybe by the pony express to the couple few of you to whom I sent xmas cards. Woe, as the title implies. But here I am now, by the grace of god - I mean, the grace of cho-girl. And I'll get a loaner machine tomorrow, because I am among the luckiest of the lucky.

Wednesday is the Last Of Days for old Polly Teh Polyp. The surgery is scheduled for 9 am and I expect that I'll be home and on the couch sometime before noon. My mama says she'll stop by with enchiladas, so come by if you want some. You'll have to wait on yourself, though - I plan to milk this general-anesthesia hang over for as long as possible.

Jude, I fear I won't be able to send Polly up your way, as the nice resident told me I couldn't have her. She did promise pictures, though. Who wants to see pictures of my girl-parts?!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me!
Also, it's yer Polly fer cryin out loud. We could give it it's own seat at dinner. Which we should do soon.
xo

my cowgirl alter-ego said...

Good luck tomorrow and good bye, polly! Oh and totally want to see the pics!

Anonymous said...

Me too (dunno why, but I just do!)... goooood luck! And welcome back to the internets. xxxx

Jude said...

Of COURSE I want to see pictures, even if I can't have the real Polly. It's too bad. Bunch of fascists, I say! When I got my wisdom teeth out a million years ago, the oral surgeon wouldn't let me have them... but when my friend got HIS wisdom teeth out, he got to keep them.

So he gave them to me.

<3 <3 <3

They were nasty.

Anonymous said...

Yep, me too. Hope all goes well. Eat an extra enchilada for me. ox

Anonymous said...

Who are these people to think they can commandeer Polly just like that? You GREW her for goodness sakes! Pictures at the very least.

Gah for the unevxpected internet withdrawal - I'm glad you'll be plugged back into the IVP mainframe again tomorrow.

Good luck with the polygon.

Anonymous said...

pictures are a MUST - on the order of a future-nurse!!! its research, for crying out loud...

will be thinking of you and wishing Polly a fond farewell...

NotesFrom2Moms said...

bye bye polly.

Anonymous said...

hope it all went well today...
too bad you couldn't keep ms.polly for a pet.
i lift my hot steaming whiskey drink (lemon, honey, cayenne, cloves, and makers)to your healing up good and strong.
xo

sara said...

I hope all went well and that you are resting and making everyone wait on you!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're doing well now that Polly has left the building. We miss you here in blogland!

B P said...

still missing you and wanted to say hi...