Monday, December 3, 2007

warm

Yesterday, at An Event, I was reminded by a friend about walking to work. Well, how it really went was she asked, in the context of a conversation about endophins, how often I was walking, and I, somewhat shamefaced, had to admit to not very often recently. Oh, I had all the excuses - it's dark when I get up, it's hard to deal with picking up Sophie without the car, catching the bus home is too tightly scheduled and I'm too tired to walk all the way after school, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway.

I got my ass out of bed when my alarm went for for Teh Daily Temping (97.2ºF again? WTF?) instead of snoozing 4 or 5 times and was fed and out the door by 7:20. Woo and Hoo? Yep. I had Little Star on my ipod and the sky was clear. The sun was up, but things were still just pink and the park was empty as I cut through to cross over by the courthouse. All the early commuters in their mini-vans with dozing children and the construction workers rushing late in their pickups were not near as happy as I was on the sidewalk. It was Teh Cold though. Or rather, it would have been, except while at the above Event, another friend had gifted me with the warmest ever Pseudo Gloves. They are about as long as my arm, and have holes for my thumbs, and are kind of like extra sleeves. So it was cold, but I was not. Not cold in the least, a little over heated by the time I got to school, in fact.

So, yes, Woo and Hoo! I think I'll walk again tomorrow, since Sophie has crap at her school until late. Did I mention she's first chair violin? Well, she is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Walking is pretty great. IT's just sometimes you have to get on way before you remember that. It is very peaceful.Yay,you!

Anonymous said...

I loooove walking, and when I'm doing it, I always ask myself, "Why don't I do this every day?" It always makes me happy. Hooray for you for walking today!

Amanda said...

Good for you girl, i could use some inspiration.