Friday, January 18, 2008

friday it is

So my full snow day did not materialize today, but it was a good day none the less. We started late and there were only 6 children and, although the post-nap period sucked, I did get a new hat from one of my kids, which he was very, very excited about. Pictures and lengthy prose about my lost hats to come.

Anyway - how about a list? You know you want it.
Teh Nice, in no particular order:
  • new hat, see above
  • at least half an hour in the card aisle at CVS with Sophie, buying cards for her mama, who does not want gifts for her birthday this year. The child's sense of humor is coming along nicely, thank you.
  • guess who I just had drinks with? The currently most famous blogger near Starr Hill and my very, very dear old friend. Yes, you wish you'd been there. Yes, there was Maker's Mark.
  • roasted chicken. Fuck me. I get chickens from my neighbor, who runs a restaurant and gets his meat from Polyface. The meat was falling off the bone, despite the over cooking and lack of brining. I rinsed it, salted and peppered it, stuck half an onion in it, stuck it in the oven and called it done. Amazing. All local all the time, y'all. Come over for chicken pot pie on Sunday.
  • good news, or, rather, no news, about my lower GI challenged cat. All her blood work came back normal - no thyroid, kidney or liver issues. Whew. Now I get to dose her with anti-diarrheals and home made yogurt.
  • sadly short but delightful phone chat with Hard Girl
  • going to bed with a good but kind of scary book
  • possible coffee with cho-girl tomorrow

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

chicken pot pie on sunday ~ i'll be there ~ what time?

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading about Polyface in Michael Pollan's _The Omnivore's Dilemma_, and I am so very jealous that you live close enough to eat their chicken! Can I please come over for chicken pot pie? Please?

Anonymous said...

I want chicken pot pie!!!!
and maker's mark too.

please.
xo

Anonymous said...

TAG - you're it! You've been tagged - more info at my blog. :-)